For the open-source enthusiast who just started their Mendix journey would definitely like to read this writeup!!!
In Mx v8.x.x, we can write any JS snippets in Mendix Studio Pro without using any outer source widgets.
By the way, the nanoflows are used to handle any client-side implementations on any device such as browser, mobile, tablet / iPad.
TypeScript in Mendix
Microsoft TypeScripting is being used in Mendix from two different perspectives.
1) When you want to make use of Mendix SDK.
Mendix Platform SDK gives you full access to all aspects of your application model. Such as .,
Importing legacy code
- Bootstrap new apps & modify existing apps
- Automatically generate CRUD pages for your entities
- Transform legacy business logic to microflows
Analyzing your application
- Counting and listing the components of your app.
- Creating a “Death Star” architecture diagram of your app.
- Calculating industry-standard software metrics like cyclomatic complexity and fan-in/out of microflows.
Modifying your application
- Generating documentation.
- Transforming microflows into Java method.
- Setting up scaffolding for Selenium page objects.
Exporting your application
- Batch updating page elements and labels
- Reorganizing the layout of your app model in the blink of an eye
- Exposing your microflows as Web Service/App Service and your entities as OData resources
2) Building pluggable widgets.
Mendix UI framework is built on top of Bootstrap and ReactJS.
I hope this gives you some insights into using the client-side scripting in Mendix.
Stay hungry! Stay foolish!!